Phosphor bronze etching is very useful in many applications. Phosphorous bronze photo etching is one of the versatile methods that is used in different industries for various products. Signs, contacts, jewelry, lead frames, and decorative needs are some of them. ETCHING BRONZE is perfect when precision is essential. This type of etching results in burr-free and polished high-standard components.
WHAT IS PHOSPHOROUS BRONZE?
Phosphorous Bronze is a strong alloy that is prominent in a low coefficient of friction, fine grain framework, and high strength. Phosphor Bronze comprises mainly of copper that is alloyed with Phosphorous-0.01 percent to 0.35 percent and Tin-0.5 percent to 11 percent. Tin is added to add strength and provides corrosion resistance. Phosphorous is added to give stiffness and wear resistance.
PHOSPHOROUS BRONZE CHARACTERISTICS
- Anti-wear characteristics
- High strength
- Superior fatigue resistance
- Fine-grain structure
- Low coefficient of friction
APPLICATIONS OF PHOSPHOROUS BRONZE ETCHING
Phosphorous Bronze photo etching is a method that is used in complicated electromechanical components manufacturing within myriad industries.
THIS PHOTO-ETCHING IS USED TO MANUFACTURE IN THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRIES:
- Automatic controllers
Phosphorous Bronze alloys can be made by varying Phosphorous and Tin proportions for different levels of stiffness, anti-wear attributes, strength, and corrosion resistance.
SOME OF THE APPLICATIONS OF PHOSPHOROUS BRONZE PHOTO ETCHING ARE:
- Lead frames
- Transistor terminals
- Lead terminals
- Bearing frames
- Switch contacts
- Circuit breaker contacts
- Rotary switch slides
- Fuse clips
- Hydraulic pressure caps
- Clutch plates
SOME UNIQUE ASPECTS OF PHOSPHOROUS BRONZE:
- Phosphorous bronze is available in different standard alloys. These include free-machining alloys, bearing bronze, non-ferrous spring alloys, and phosphorous bronze.
- It is an eco-friendly alloy that doesn’t comprise harmful components that can get deoxidized by phosphorous.
- Enhancing the content of phosphorous results in the formation of copper phosphide, a very tough compound. This is a brittle form with a narrow range of uses.
- Phosphorous minimizes the molten alloy’s viscosity. This, in turn, makes it cleaner and easier to cast. It also minimizes grain boundaries in crystallites.
WHAT IS PHOTO ETCHING?
Photochemical machining or photo etching or chemical etching is a cost-efficient and highly accurate method of metal machining procedure. It is employed to generate complex components using a vast array of metals. Photo etching is precise, standard, high in quality, and repeatable process.
ADVANTAGES OF PHOTO ETCHING
PHOTOETCHING OFFERS MANY BENEFITS SUCH AS:
- Low cost, quick and risk-free design.
- For critical component integrity, etching is the solely applicable metal machining process as the metallic properties remain unaffected during this process.
- No heat or mechanical force is involved during photo etching. This implies that are free for any kind of burrs or stresses.
- This is supposedly the most economical choice for generating customized parts that come with complicated designs. The cost increases very rarely with the complexity of the design.
- You can get unlimited complexity with lead-times in days.
- There is no hard or expensive tooling involved in the process of photo etching.
- You can precision to ±0.025mm in a photo etching process.
Phosphorous bronze is broadly used in the photo etching process. This ETCHING BRONZE is versatile, high in quality, and economical. It is widely used in myriad industries and comes with several benefits. Photo etching is cost-effective, burr-free, stress-free, and strong.