Bronze chemical etching is the procedure for metal-on-metal contact and robust parts. It is an alloy that includes Tin and copper. It may also consist of other elements like Nickel, arsenic, aluminum, silicon, zinc, and Manganese. These additions generate a range of Bronze alloys that is harder than copper alone. It also has other valuable properties like machinability, stiffness, and ductility.
Qualitetch’s chemical etching procedure generates designs that can withstand hard outdoor as well as indoor environments. The method utilizes powerful caustic chemicals for etching out unprotected parts of the metal surface to produce a design or image to the project’s specifications. It is the process that has several benefits –
Tooling is digital for etching that saves a lot of money. You do not require to buy heavy tools. Digital prototyping enables engineers to recreate patterns effortlessly.
Suitable For All Grades Of The Material
The chemical etching procedure is suitable for any grade of metal that may vary in thickness between 0.01 mm and 1.5 mm thick.
The designs of components can be adapted very quickly and that is economical. It can be delivered faster and at a speed of less than 24 hours.
No Additional Costs
The significant advantage is removing any part of the metal and changing its shape or geometry without any additional charges.
Bronze etching parts are not distortion prone and are known as secure. Distortion is observed commonly in water jet, or laser cut parts. The easy handling of all makes it a stress-free activity.
The procedure of chemical bronze etching is entirely cost-effective because tools are quick to produce that last for a lifetime. You may also repeat the pattern many times without bearing any extra charges.
It is something that is provided through different means of chemical etching. You will surely get uniform parts and also generate a better geometric pattern.
Better Brand Management
Brand inventors and management become easy with chemical etching to make it easier for creating logos for brands. You can also involve parts that consist of contact information and number etched parts for the management of inventory.
Some Applications Of Bronze Etching
- Bronze has low metal to metal friction that creates a way for many benefits
- It is safe and secure to utilize in the combustible environment as well.
- They can be utilized on gears and in machine parts.
- You can use it in ship propellers too.
- They can be used in the hardware of furniture.
Some Other Factors To Keep In Mind
- Bronze has been characterized by its dull gold color having faint rings on the surface.
- Bronze generally oxidizes superficially when the layer of copper oxide is generated. The underlying metal gets protection from further corrosion.
- Modern Bronze has 12% Tin and 88% Copper.
- Bronze is non-magnetic, but some of its alloys having nickel or iron may contain magnetic properties.
- The melting point of Bronze varies depending on the alloy components ratio.
- Other alloys of Bronze contain Silicon bronze, copper-nickel, phosphor bronze, nickel-brass, and aluminum bronze.
Although the process of tching’ may seem complex but is relatively easy, you can save your costs and extra time. Several advantages of the application are discussed in brief.